It's match day in Columbus. And, according to weather.com, it's raining! Perfect weather for the World Cup Qualifier between USA and Mexico at Crew Stadium, to be sure, but perfect viewing weather? We think not.
It's sunny here in Los Angeles and AEG and the LA Galaxy would like to invite you to a viewing party at EZPN Zone in at LA Live (Game is scheduled to kickoff at 4 p.m.). There will be free drawing for Galaxy prizes and appetizer specials.
Don't forget to Wear Red.
Galaxy training notes.
- Sean Franklin was back on the field for the first time since undergoing bi-lateral sports hernia surgery three weeks ago.
- Team had a short 11 v. 11 intrasquad game ahead of tomorrow's scrimmage against the Houston Dynamo. Franklin was playing right back.
- After the intrasquad game, the guys broke up into groups of two. Chris Klein, Alan Gordon and Edson Buddle were in a group working on corner kicks.
- Buddle and Gordon stayed on the field a bit longer to work on finishing. Could the duo be working on a secret play for PPC?
- David Beckham came on as a second half substitute for Stewart Downing and equaled Booby Moore's record of 108 caps with the national team during England's international friendly in Seville against Euro 2008 Champion Spain.
- Lastly, the club made their first cuts of the preseason: defenders Vardan Adzemian, Leo Bautista, Mike Gavin and midfielder Mike Muñoz. The roster is now down to 33 players.