The preparations for the next two games against Colorado are in full swing with Bruce Arena and Co. putting the team through their first two training sessions of the week.
The team got a break from the standard training regiment today to play a full 90 minute scrimmage against local side, the LA Blues. Alan Gordon scored twice and Jovan Kirovski added a goal in a 3-1 win that saw both Todd Dunivant and Eddie Lewis get some time wide on the left.
Other notes to pass along...
- Eddie Lewis and Todd Dunivant were both back in training on Monday, participating in drills before each making an appearance in Tuesday's game. Dunivant is still listed as Out as he recovers from ankle surgery, while Eddie Lewis is probable with a hamstring strain that he suffered against Suwon Bluewings in the Pan-Pacific Championship Final just over a month ago.
- Donovan Ricketts has stepped up his rehabilitation this week but remains on the injury report as questionable with his groin strain.
- Joining Ricketts and all the goalkeepers in training this week has been former Cal State Northridge star Kevin Guppy. The Chino Hills native was a four-time All-Big West performer for the Matadors, including earning First Team honors in both 2005 and 2008.
- Leo Griffin was back in at The Home Depot Center after undergoing sports hernia surgery in Germany late last week and has already begun his rehab.
- Landon Donovan will be in action with the U.S. National Team on Wednesday night (4:30 p.m. PT on both ESPN2 and Galavision) in a World Cup Qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago in Nashville, Tenn. Donovan, who is expected to earn his 109th cap in that game, putting him on the verge of fifth place in U.S. history, will be back in training on Friday ahead of Saturday's game against the Rapids.
- Looking at Saturday's game, the Galaxy have won each of their last three home league games against Colorado, scoring three goals in each.
We'll have more about Saturday's game tomorrow as the team ramps up their preparations ahead of the Rapids' visit to The Home Depot Center.