The team is safely checked in at LAX and waiting for our Air Canada flight to Toronto. It is always a good flight with your own in-seat video screen with movies and TV shows. You even get a few indie Canadian movies to put you in the right frame of mind, eh. Here are a few notes to get you up to speed before our flight...
- Landon Donovan will be joining the Galaxy in Toronto later today. Armando Rivas, the Galaxy's Head Athletic Trainer has been in touch with Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, who is with the National Team in Spain (he is also the Galaxy's team doctor), as well as U.S. National Team Athletic Trainer Ivan Pierra, formerly of the Galaxy, regarding the status of Landon's injury. We hope to have him available for Saturday, but won't know until he is evaluated by Rivas and his staff on Friday.
- Ely Allen, who suffered a concussion in Tuesday night's U.S. Open Cup match against Colorado, will remain in Los Angeles. His status will continued to be monitored and he will be evaluated next week to determine his availability for next weekend's game against Colorado.
- Ante Jazic will be missing our second and final trip to Canada of the season, the first being our friendly in Edmonton which marked his return from injury. Instead, he will be in Seattle with the Canadian National Team for their match against Brazil on Saturday. We wish Ante all the best in containing the Brazilian offense. He will also remain with Canada for their friendly against Panama on June 4 in Fort Lauderdale before re-joining the Galaxy.
- David Beckham remains with the England National Team following their 2-0 win over the USA. Beckham and the rest of the English squad flew to Trinidad & Tobago today ahead of their match there on Sunday.
- We would also like to wish Galaxy goalkeeper Steve Cronin a belated happy 25th birthday.
Well, we will check back in with more tomorrow from Toronto.