LA Galaxy 5, FC Dallas 1
May 18, 2008
Pizza Hut Park – Frisco, Texas
LA – Chris Klein 1 (Brandon McDonald 1) 25’
LA – Edson Buddle 1 (Unassisted) 31’
LA – Own Goal (Duilio Davino) 33’
LA – Edson Buddle 2 (Alvaro Pires 1) 39’
FCD – Dominic Oduro 1 (Kenny Cooper 1) 54’
LA – Edson Buddle 3 (David Beckham 5, Landon Donovan 5) 85’
LA – Alvaro Pires (Yellow Card) 36’
FCD – Bobby Rhine (Yellow Card) 49’
FCD – Pablo Richetti (Yellow Card) 54’
FCD – Adrian Serioux (Red Card) 75’
FCD – Arturo Alvarez (Yellow Card) 76’
LA – David Beckham (Yellow Card) 76’
LA Galaxy: Steve Cronin, Greg Vanney, Abel Xavier, Sean Franklin, Chris Klein, Alvaro Pires (Troy Roberts 52’), Brandon McDonald, Joe Franchino (Josh Tudela 46’), David Beckham©, Landon Donovan, Edson Buddle.
Subs Not Used: Josh Wicks, Ante Jazic, Mike Randolph, Ely Allen, Israel Sesay, Carlos Ruiz.
FC Dallas: Dario Sala, Drew Moor, Duilio Davino©, Adrian Serioux, Pablo Richetti, Anthony Wallace (Bobby Rhine 46’), Juan Toja, Andre Rocha, Arturo Alvarez (Ricardinho 79’), Kenny Cooper, Abe Thompson (Dominic Oduro 46’).
Subs Not Used: Mike Graczyk, Aaron Pitchkolan, Marcelo Saragosa, Eric Avila.
· With the win, the Galaxy’s record stands at 3-3-2 on the season, giving them 11 points and leaving in second place in the Western Conference standings.
· Chris Klein made the 93rd consecutive start of his MLS career, tying him with Kevin Hartman for the most consecutive starts in MLS history. Hartman set the record as a member of the Galaxy when he started 93 consecutive games from August 21, 2002 until September 10, 2005.
· Klein scored his first goal of the season in the 25th minute of the game, making him just the fourth different Galaxy player to score this season.
· Six minutes later, Buddle became the fifth different Galaxy player to score.
· Buddle added his second goal of the year in the 39th minute, giving him his first multi-goal game as a member of the Galaxy.
· He then added a tally in the 85th minute to complete the hat trick, giving him his third career hat trick and the second by a Galaxy player this season. Landon Donovan had the Galaxy’s first hat trick this season, scoring three times in a 5-2 win over Chivas USA on April 26.
· The Galaxy scored four goals in a 14-minute span to take a 4-0 halftime lead, but it was not the fastest four goals in Galaxy history. On June 4, 1998, the Galaxy got four goals in a six minute span during an 8-1 win over Dallas.
· Abel Xavier, Alvaro Pires and Edson Buddle each returned to the starting lineup today after missing time with injury. Pires missed the last month of action with a left knee injury while Buddle left early in the 2-2 draw at Real Salt Lake on May 3 with a hamstring strain. Xavier missed the game in Salt Lake, as well as last week’s 2-1 loss to New York with a left knee injury.
· This was the Galaxy’s first road win of the 2008 season, improving their road record to 1-1-1 on the season. Last year, the Galaxy did not get their first road win until September 27 in Kansas City.
· The attendance for this afternoon’s game was 22,331.
· The Galaxy are back in action in on Saturday, May 24 when they host the Kansas City Wizards at The Home Depot Center. The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. and can be seen live only on HDNet.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
LA Galaxy 5, FC Dallas 1