LA Galaxy 0, FC Dallas 4
July 27, 2008
Pizza Hut Park – Frisco, Texas
FCD – Kenny Cooper 10 (Unassisted) 15’
FCD – Kenny Cooper 11 (Dominic Oduro 2) 17’
FCD – Dominic Oduro 5 (Arturo Alvarez 3, Kenny Cooper 3) 36’
FCD – Abe Thompson 3 (Chase Wileman 1) 89’
LA Galaxy: Steve Cronin, Chris Klein, Eduardo Dominguez, Greg Vanney (Alan Gordon 80’), Ante Jazic, Alvaro Pires (Sean Franklin 46’), Peter Vagenas, David Beckham©, Landon Donovan, Edson Buddle, Carlos Ruiz.
Subs Not Used: Josh Wicks, Mike Randolph, Josh Tudela, Ely Allen.
FC Dallas: Dario Sala, Drew Moor, Duilio Davino©, Aaron Pitchkolan, Adrian Serioux, Pablo Richetti, Andre Rocha (Michael Dello-Russo 66’), Eric Avila, Arturo Alvarez (Chase Wileman 75’), Kenny Cooper, Dominic Oduro (Abe Thompson 72’).
Subs Not Used: Mike Graczyk, Bobby Rhine, Blake Wagner, Ricardinho.
· With the loss, the Galaxy are now 6-7-5 on the season leaving them with 23 points. They remain tied for second place in the Western Conference with the Houston Dynamo.
· Ruud Gullit made one change to his team that drew 2-2 at New York on July 19, with Eduardo Dominguez replacing Troy Roberts in central defense.
· Roberts was originally in the starting lineup but had to be replaced following pregame warmups as a result of a right heel injury that he suffered last weekend in New York. Following Roberts’ injury, Greg Vanney was inserted into the starting lineup.
· Eduardo Dominguez made his MLS debut in the game. After being officially added to the Galaxy roster last week, Dominguez was in the starting lineup for the first time, playing in central defense.
· Sean Franklin came on at halftime, replacing Alvaro Pires. This was Franklin’s first appearance since suffering a strained right MCL prior to the 1-1 draw vs. Chivas USA on July 10.
· The three goals allowed by the Galaxy in the first half were the most allowed by the club in the first half this season. The last time the Galaxy gave up three goals in the opening 45 minutes was on August 26, 2007 in a 3-0 loss at Colorado. The Galaxy have allowed three goals in the second half of a game twice times this year.
· This is the third time this season that the Galaxy have been shutout in a regular season game, and their first time since May 31 in a 2-0 loss at Toronto FC.
· With his two goals today, Kenny Cooper became the third player to score more than one goal in a game against the Galaxy this season. Luciano Emilio of D.C. United was the first, scoring two in United’s 4-1 win on June 29 while New England’s Adam Cristman scored two in the Revolution’s 2-1 win over LA on July 4.
· The Galaxy are now winless in their last six games, going 0-3-3 over the span with losses to D.C. United, FC Dallas and New England, as well as draws with Chivas USA, Columbus and New York.
· The attendance for today’s game was 21,020.
· The Galaxy Reserves will take on the FC Dallas Reserves on Monday, July 28 at 8 a.m. (PT) at Pizza Hut Park.
· The Galaxy are back in action on Sunday, August 3, when they travel north to San Jose at McAfee Coliseum. The match will kick off at 12 p.m. (PT) and can be seen live on FSN West and Telefutura. The match will also be available live on the radio in English on AM 570 and in Spanish on KWKW 1330 ESPN Deportes.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
LA Galaxy 0, FC Dallas 4