The guys are ready for tomorrow night's friendly against Club Sport Herediano of Costa Rica. LAGalaxy.com's Larry Morgan spoke with Tristan Bowen and Julian Valentin about the game and chance to get on the field and show the coaching staff, and the Galaxy fans, what they're capable of.
A few notes about the game...
- Julian Valentin has returned from his month long loan spell with the Cleveland City Stars of the USL First Division. Valentin played in five games during his time in Cleveland, scoring one goal and getting sent off once. He trained with the team on Monday.
- Also at training today was South African midfielder Mark Haskins, Irish defender Fred Murray and Danish defender Jamil Fearrington. Haskins has been in LA since last week, while Farrington and Murray trained with the club for the first time today. Murray last played with Exeter City in England while Fearrington plays in Denmark for Boldklubben Frem. All three are expected to be in uniform for tomorrow's game.
- Herediano arrived in Los Angeles this evening and will go through a short training session at The HDC tonight ahead of tomorrow's game. Following the game, Herediano will fly to Dallas for a game against FC Dallas on Wednesday.
- Herediano, who were awarded a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League today, bring a complete roster with them to Los Angeles, including Costa Rican internationals Andy Herron, Dennis Marshal and Ricardo González who were all involved in both of Costa Rica's wins against the U.S. and Trinidad and Tobago in World Cup Qualifying last week.
- Herron and Gerland McDonald are the only two players in the squad who have played in MLS, with Herron spending time with Chicago and Columbus and McDonald spending time with the Colorado Rapids.