After taking a few days off to recharge the batteries, the blog is back with a series of notes from the start of the week.
- As we announced on Monday, Josh Wicks underwent surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
- Landon will be back with us for Saturday's game against the Crew as he was released for National Team camp after scoring his 36th international goal in the 8-0 win over Barbados on Sunday.
- Carlos Ruiz will be back in Los Angeles, but not with the Galaxy, as Guatemala will take on St. Lucia at the Coliseum. Ruiz scored four goals to become the all-time leading scorer in Guatemala history as Los Chapines won the first leg 6-0 in Guatemala City.
- Edson Buddle was named the Player of the Week for the second time this year after scoring his hat trick against the Quakes. His first goal of the night was nominated for the Sierra Mist Goal of the Week award, but it appears that Clyde Simms will be the runaway winner of that award. Of the 12 Player of the Week awards given out this year, Galaxy players have won six of them.
- With Wicks out, the Galaxy have brought in Brian Perk from the Rios Under-20s to train with the club.
- Clint Mathis remains with the Galaxy, spending time training with the squad and also working out on the side with Chris Neville.
- Lastly, there was a pitbull loose on the field the last two days as former Dutch international Edgar Davids, a friend of Ruud's, has come out to train with the club while spending some of his offseason in Los Angeles. The Ajax midfielder played 74 times for Holland, playing at the European Championships in 1996, 2000 and 2004, as well as the 1998 World Cup in France.