LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 2
April 19, 2008
The Home Depot Center – Carson, Calif.
HOU – Brad Davis 1 (Franco Caraccio 1, Brian Mullan 1) 36’
LAG – Landon Donovan 4 (David Beckham 2) 67’
HOU – Franco Caraccio 2 (Unassisted) 78’
LAG – Landon Donovan 5 (David Beckham 3, Chris Klein 2) 84’
LAG – Mike Randolph (Yellow Card) 25’
LAG – Greg Vanney (Yellow Card) 57’
HOU – Franco Caraccio (Yellow Card) 78’
HOU – Ricardo Clark (Yellow Card) 90+
LA Galaxy: Steve Cronin, Mike Randolph, Greg Vanney, Sean Franklin, Chris Klein, Josh Tudela (Abel Xavier 46’), Brandon McDonald, Alan Gordon (Joe Franchino 46’), David Beckham©, Landon Donovan, Edson Buddle.
Subs Not Used: Josh Wicks, Troy Roberts, Peter Vagenas, Israel Sesay, Bryan Jordan.
Houston Dynamo: Tony Caig, Wade Barrett©, Bobby Boswell, Patrick Ianni, Richard Mulrooney, Ricardo Clark, Brad Davis, Brian Mullan, Dwayne DeRosario, Franco Caraccio (Stuart Holden 81’), Brian Ching.
Subs Not Used: Corbin Waller, Craig Waibel, Corey Ashe, Kyle Brown, Geoff Cameron, Chris Wondolowski.
· With the draw, the Galaxy’s record stands at 1-2-1 on the season, giving them four points and fifth place in the Western Conference standings.
· Landon Donovan’s two goals give him an MLS best five on the season, two more than Alejandro Moreno and Kenny Cooper.
· Donovan now has four goals in the last two games, after scoring twice last weekend against Toronto. The last time that Donovan had multiple goals in consecutive games was September 20 and 27, 2003 when he was a member of the San Jose Earthquakes. Donovan scored three times in a 4-1 win over Kansas City and then twice more in a 5-2 win over Dallas.
· David Beckham had two assists in the game, giving him three on the season and a tie for the most in MLS.
· This is the second time in his MLS career that Beckham has registered two assists in a game. The last time was on August 18, 2007 when he set up a pair of Carlos Pavon goals in a 5-4 loss to the New York Red Bulls at Giants Stadium.
· Midfielder Joe Franchino made his first appearance for the club this season after being acquired from the New England Revolution on Friday. Franchino, who played for the Galaxy from 1998-2000, last appeared for the club on May 6, 2000.
· Forward Edson Buddle and midfielder Josh Tudela each made their first start of the season for the Galaxy in tonight’s game.
· Goalkeeper Steve Cronin passed a late fitness test for the Galaxy and made his fourth start of the season for the Galaxy. Cronin had been listed on the injury report as questionable with a left groin injury.
· The attendance for tonight’s game was 23,401.
· The Galaxy are back in action on Saturday, April 26 when they host their in-stadium rivals Chivas USA in the first edition of the Honda SuperClasico at The Home Depot Center. The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. and can be seen live on Fox Soccer Channel.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 2