Thursday, May 20, 2010

Postgame Reaction to 1-0 Win at Dallas

LA Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena:

Good win for sure, not the greatest game. I think the heat first time issue for both teams was a little bit overwhelming. I think guys are just shot – we certainly were. We had three guys in our line up who haven’t played much in the past couple of months and they hit the wall. It was obviously a struggle for the last 15 minutes of the game. Plus it’s a good work out.

On having players missing for national team camp:

We’ve done that before. Certainly, we would prefer to have them here. You know you have got to get on with it. We had a lot of reasons or excuses this year, the guys will hang in there and get on with it. They work hard, so I’m real pleased with our efforts. Certainly it wasn’t our best performance, but given the circumstances I’m pleased with the result.

LA Galaxy goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts

On winning streak:

It’s good to have an unbeaten streak. It’s all about the next game. Coming off an injury and being precautionary affected my play today. The team was playing well and I felt good about it. Anything I can do to help I try to do, and I’m happy with a win in this game.

LA Galaxy forward Mike Magee:

We got three points, but it wasn’t pretty. We handled the game well, got a shutout and played well. It’s huge. There was a lot of pressure on this game. I think a lot of people are watching and thinking we’re going to stumble and miss the guys. We do miss the guys on national teams and injuries, but we’re going to step up.

On the goal:

I was onside; the goal counted. You know obviously the refs make mistakes but obviously it was taken and they counted it so it was onside.

No comments: