Wednesday, March 24, 2010

David Drops By


David Beckham showed up at The Home Depot Center Wednesday morning, catching some of his LA Galaxy teammates by surprise ahead of the club’s home opener against the New England Revolution on Saturday night.

Beckham, who is recovering from surgery to his left Achilles tendon, visited with his teammates and coaches in the locker room before attending his first Galaxy training session of the year. He mostly watched from the benches, but was in good spirits.

"I want to thank all the LA Galaxy fans who have shown me such support since I've got my injury. I'm also extremely grateful to the manager, players and staff who have been there for me,” Beckham told LAGalaxy.com. “I'm now back in LA starting my rehabilitation and want to get back playing for the club as soon as possible. I wish the team well for the start of the season, I will be behind them all the way.”

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beckham is a solid dude. I for one am thankful to have him in the MLS. It raises the whole profile of the league. Hopefully he rehabs and gets back on the pitch soon.

Anonymous said...

I am not really a Galaxy fan but... I have to say make sure you take you time and actually get better Beckham. Everyone will be glad to see you back on the pitch. Thank you for everything you've done helping the MLS grow.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK BECKS! GET WELL SOON!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! get well soon Bex! glad to see you supporting your club in LA

CyberCosmiX said...

Glad to see Becks here, supporting his team. Have to give him props for not disappearing until after the World Cup, as he could have done. Hope Galaxy fans give him a standing ovation, he has gone through some tough times and deserves it, not only because of the injury but for his play leading the Galaxy to last years MLS Cup.

GET WELL SOON BECKS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU PLAYING FOR THE GALAXY AGAIN!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see David back in LA! ~ I am very disappointed that he injured himeself so badly. I was really looking forward to seeing Becks, Landon & Co. work some soccer / futbol magic this year. I really enjoy watching soccer / futbol on television & am really excited about the season starting tonight! ~ Get well soon David & Let's Go Galaxy!

Anonymous said...

When is the new website going up?

MEG said...

Great to see you back, Becks but wish you weren't injured and would be playing for England in WC.

Anonymous said...

Wish you a speedy recovery David. My son is a huge fan and for his birthday this year i was going to take him to your game against Columbus Crew on 05/29 however since i know you won't be playing so instead we are going to take him to the 06/26 Columbus Crew game instead because we are closer to Columbus area than La.. My son is a huge La Galaxy fan. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Sorry should have been more specific in my comment.. My son Pj's birthday is actually 06/26 not 05/29 that is just the game he wanted to go to so he could watch the team.

Amee said...

!WELCOME BACK TO LA BECKS! So Happy to see you out there with team. GET WELL SOON...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU PLAYING FOR THE GALAXY AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

To anonymous, Becks wasn't coming back to the Galaxy until after the World Cup anyway.
Luv u Becks xoxo

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Becks. We will miss you but I agree with previous comment, it was great to see you supporting our team. Hope to see you back on the pitch soon!!!