And we're back.
The blog staff had to take a couple of weeks off to recharge the batteries and enjoy the holiday season, but we're back and ready for bigger things in 2008.
A lot of stuff has happened since we last posted so here are a few of the bullet points.
- Landon was called into the U.S. National Team for a two-week training camp ahead of the game against Sweden at The Home Depot Center on January 19. While Landon was the only Galaxy player to be called in, he will be joined in training by a familiar face as goalkeeper Steve Cronin will be doing some extra training for a few days with the National Team keepers.
- Mike Randolph was again called into the U.S. Under-23 National Team for a camp in Bradenton, Fla. from January 6-20. This is the second consecutive call-up for Randolph who played in both of the National Team's recent draws in China, starting one match.
- Becks began training with Arsenal this week, getting some extra work in ahead of the start of the Galaxy's preseason which begins next month.
- The coaching staff hosted an invitation-only combine at The Home Depot Center just before Christmas, with a number of foreign professional and local college players trying to catch the eye of the Galaxy staff.
- The club also hosted the third annual Galaxy Fantasy Camp, with more than 45 campers between the age of 19-55 turning out.
- The coaching staff is preparing for next weekend's MLS Combine at Lockhart Stadium and then the MLS SuperDraft in Baltimore on January 18.
That's it for now but we'll be back with more on these topics and a whole lot more as the season grows closer.
Just 84 more days until the season opener in Colorado!