Thursday, January 10, 2008

Galaxy Players Go Under The Knife

While we were away enjoying our Holiday Break, three Galaxy players were undergoing surgery here in Los Angeles. Both Joe Cannon and Troy Roberts underwent simple hernia operations just before Christmas and are already back working out in the gym almost everyday here at The Home Depot Center.

The third player to go under the knife was Ante Jazic who underwent a debridement procedure, which is a removal and smoothing of cartilage from the ankle joint in his right ankle that could see him miss the next 4-6 months. Ante missed just over a month of action late last season after injuring the ankle at Giants Stadium against the Red Bulls. He returned to action in the road win over Kansas City and went on to play in six of the club's last seven games, starting the last four.

We'll have more on this and other news later...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO sad about Joe!! Sniff sniff...LA will miss you. :(

Anonymous said...

That sucks Cannon is gone. Is Cronin going to be the #1?? Hope not, yet. Hope they pick up a strong keeper soon.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't suck to see Joe's salary gone that's for sure. Something big is going to happen... give us a hint!!

Anonymous said...

Let's just call a spade a spade ...
this is David's team now and from the bottom of my heart, I really wish him all the best with carrying the Galaxy next season, the way Joe had to last season. I guess there wasn't room enough for two players of equal talent (I personally give Joe the edge here) on the same team anymore. It's really sad though ... Joe and David together could have really turned the Galaxy into the premier team they're so capable of being, not to mention what the two of them could have learned from each other. On his worst day, Joe was still the most valuable member of the team last year. I only hope it was HIS decision to leave, because if it wasn't, he really deserved better and hopefully, better is what he'll receive from San Jose. And I'll never believe this was about money, because (and nothing against him ... I really like and respect the man) if you can afford David's salary you can certainly afford Joe's. Will always luv & miss you guys (you seemed more like a family than a team) and wish you ALL nothing but the very best in all future endeavors. However, I will be cheering for my Joe and his Quakes when they play against you in April. Signing off w/ one final "Joe is F-I-N-E!" (I'm sure a few of my fellow bloggers will be so pleased) ... Cannon Girl

Anonymous said...

Cannon Girl... chops or no chops? Just curious ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not Cannon girl but I vote for no chops and a scruffy faced Joe!!;) The San Jose fans are so lucky.