Thursday, January 7, 2010

Landon Given #9 Jersey


Landon Donovan will wear "the famous number nine shirt" during his 10-week loan at Everton, the Enlgish club announced today in a press conference.

Said Donovan: "I am aware of the history of the number nine here in the Premier League and also the history of it at Everton."

"I am proud that Everton would give it to me and I intend to do the jersey proud as well. It did come as a shock when I was told I would be number nine."

Fans can check out pictures of the press conference, and even order an Everton number nine jersey with Donovan's name on it, on Everton's Web site.

3 comments:

Josh Guesman said...

My Donovan Everton Jersey is already in the Mail! Its nice to have an EPL Team to cheer for!

Anonymous said...

I hope that Fox Sports Channel has on some of the Everton games.

charlesj27 said...

Awesome... Way to go, Everton FC! Hope Landon will do the #9 legacy proud. Just play with conviction and heart, Landon - some of your best stuff come out when you're driven and pissed. Wish Landon the very best playing experience. Now, go kick some "Rival Red" tail (only meant sportingly, of course) :-)