Monday, November 26, 2007

One on One

Former Galaxy forward Michael Enfield stopped by the Galaxy's training session on Monday to catch up with some old friends and scout the opposition. As most of you are already aware, Enfield signed with Sydney FC earlier this summer, however injury has halted his first season with the club. The former UCLA star is currently rehabbing after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL meaning that he won't be available for tonight's game, but that did not stop him from talking to us about Sydney, Australian soccer and life Down Under.

Talk about the experience so far:

Michael Enfield - The injury is the main thing on my mind right now but I'm having a great time here in Sydney, it's a great place and I'm just enjoying myself.

Disappointed that you can't play tomorrow?

ME - Ya, it would have been a lot of fun to play against my former team and against a lot of old friends. It would have been a good time.

It's a new look Galaxy team, but there are still some of you're old teammates out there, have you caught up with them yet?

ME - There's still a lot of guys from the Galaxy teams that I was on so it's really nice to have them out here playing and they look to be doing well.

How would you compare MLS and the A-League?

ME - What I've always said is that there are more similarities than differences, the crowds are about the same size, though there was obviously a big boom in attendance in the U.S. this year.

When was the last time that you made it back home?

ME - I haven't been back since June when I left to come out here, but I should be going back to LA shortly, to do some rehab and just be there for the holidays as well.

Do you miss living in LA at all?

ME - Australia is a great place, but when you leave home you always miss it a bit. California is my home, LA is my home and I love it there and I'm always glad to go back, even if it's just for a little while.

Lastly, can we get you to make a prediction on the match?

ME - I grew up a Galaxy fan but right now I have to give my support to Sydney FC and I hope that we can come out with a win. I know it's the offseason for you guys so fitness might factor into it and help lead to a Sydney FC victory.

No comments: