Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Players React to Being Named to Best XI

We caught up with the four players that were named to the Best XI earlier today to see what they had to say about the honor.

Here is what they said...

Edson Buddle -

“I am honored to be chosen for this year’s MLS Best XI. I am grateful to those who voted for me and to everyone that has contributed to my being here, including my family, friends, my coach and most importantly, my fellow teammates with the LA Galaxy.”

Landon Donovan -

“I take a lot of pride in being named to the Best XI, especially as our league continues to develop and get better. I believe that it says a lot about our team that four players were named in the Best XI this year and I would like to congratulate all the members of this year's Best XI, in particular, Edson, Donovan, and Omar.”

Omar Gonzalez -

“I am grateful and humbled to be named to the Best XI, as there are so many great defenders in our league. The fact that this is an award that is voted on by fellow players makes it that much more special and I want to thank everyone who helped to make this possible.”

Donovan Ricketts -

“I am honored to be named to the MLS Best XI and would like to once again thank everyone who voted for me. This is another tremendous award, one that I could not have earned without the assistance of my goalkeeper coach Ian Feuer and fellow goalkeeper Josh Saunders.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Ricketts, but El Gato deserves to be on this list

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to The Colorado Rapids for winning The MLS Championship. They deserved it, they played very well in the second half & in the overtime of the Match. Even know I was pulling for FC Dallas. Conner Casey played great & like an animal. I mean that in a good way. Pickens made some great saves @ the end of that Match.

**Ya see how they scored the winning Goal, (LA Galaxy)? They "Striked" the ball on the winning Goal. They tested the goalie & got a flukish own goal. Ya need to Strike, Strike, Strike, more often to get more goals on the scoreboard & win The Biggest games, not just the regular season games!**