Another busy day is anticipated here at The Home Depot Center as the players will be back on the field today preparing for Thursday night's game against Chivas USA. Additionally, Cobi will address the media for the first time as the club's interim head coach.
With that said, here are a couple of notes to tide you over until we have post-training audio posted later in the day.
- There are two new trialists in with the club today as 17-year old defender Amadou Sanyang and 16-year old forward Ebrima Bojang have arrived from Gambia. The length of their trial has not been established, but both will have the chance to train with the squad and show what they're capable of. Both are currently members of the Gambian U-20 National Team.
- Mondou Bojang, who was on trial over the past two weeks has returned to Gambia following the completion of his trial.
- Michael Gavin underwent surgery to repair a right foot fracture and will miss the next 6-8 weeks.
- Charles Alamo is awaiting surgery after partially tearing his left ACL. He has been place on the club's Season Ending Injury List.
- Joe Franchino, Brandon McDonald and Troy Roberts will all miss Thursday's game through injury. All three players were out at training on Monday and are expected to be again today, working on the side with John Ireland and the rest of the medical staff.
- Bryan Jordan scored again for the Portland Timbers, helping them earn a 1-1 draw with Charleston over the weekend. BJ now has two goals and an assist in his last three games to help Portland hold on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the USL-1 with seven games left on the season.
- Lastly, remember that Landon will be available to chat today around noon on ESPN.com. Follow this link to the chat and to post your questions.